Monday, February 10, 2014

Unique Basket Made with Old Jeans


So many pairs of jeans laying around. They are either not fashionable anymore or they are too small!
I really wanted to try to reused them in some useful way. So I made a really unique basket.


I cut one pair of jeans into 4 inches wide strips.


I rolled the strips and I sewed them around. When I finished one strip, I started another one. I did not sew the strips together because I wanted a more ragged look for my basket.


I continued to sew round and round, this type of wrapping naturally curves the fabric into a bowl.


I  made two baskets, one a little smaller to fit into the bigger one.


I wanted a very sturdy basket so this was a great solution. It also conveniently hid all the stitching.






© 2012-2014 imakeeverythingmyself.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment