Thursday, February 28, 2013

How to Repurpose Baby Items

Four baby items that are easily and instantly repurposed. There is no effort, no time, and no money spent.

Like most moms, I have way too many baby stuff that I don't use anymore. I reinvented four of these baby items and I am using them right now in their repurposed form.

1. Repurposed pouch bib 
This idea came to me when I needed a shower caddy for my daughter's shampoo, wash cloth, and rubber duckies. Coincidently, the same day I de-cluttered the kitchen cupboards and I noticed this cute bib made of hard plastic that my daughter never liked. I punched a few holes at the bottom of the pouch (for the water to drain) and it became an instant shower caddie that brightens the room.

 
 
Repurposed pouch bib
2. Repurposed toy rings 
While putting away my daughter's toys one day, I stepped on a plastic toy ring that was used to attach baby toys to the car seat. They were all over the place! My daughter never really played with them, she just scattered them around the room. Now, I use the colourful toy rings to keep shoes neatly together.


 
Repurposed toy rings
3. Repurposed baby sleep sack 
I am going to have to blame my daughter again for the next repurposing idea. She used to play with the hamper in her room. Every day, I would find her clothes all over the house: in the bathroom, in the kitchen cabinets, under the sofa. This hide-and-sick game with the laundry, though very cute and entertaining, is over. Her old cotton sleep sack was transformed into a hamper, out of her reach. The sleep sack has snaps on both shoulders and can be easily attached to anything. Not only the new hamper became a hit with all my friends, it also saved me time when cleaning the house. My daughter did try, like a little mouse, to take things out of it, but to no avail.

 

4. Repurposed changing pad 
My daughter is going to be the star in this story again. Bathtime is one of her favourite time of the day because she gets to play in the water. Fun for her, not very ergonomic for us. Since we are not using her old changing pad anymore, we decided to try it as a bath time kneeler. It worked like a charm. Not only my knees don't hurt anymore, but sometimes I sit comfortably on the floor and play with my daughter.
 
 
Repurposed changing pad
 

1 comment: